Tuesday 23 April 2013

The Power of Worship

This last Sunday I was spending some time in the prayer room in our house and I heard drumming and the clanging of bells. I had heard that there was a group of people in our neighborhood who practice Macumba (a form of witchcraft). I wondered whether the music I was hearing was from a gathering of these people. After talking with Lorelie, I found out that the drumming I was hearing was indeed from a Macumba gathering. I felt that we as a team should worship God together and declare His sovereignty and power. We started worshipping and as soon as we did, the drumming ceased! We truly are fighting a battle that is not against flesh and blood but against rulers and principalities (Eph. 6). Worship is a weapon which takes down strongholds of the enemy.
       Later that day, we were discussing what we felt that God was doing in the community and with us as well. We noted how God seems to be calling more people to the unreached. It is encouraging to see how God is working in the community and one lady from the community recently gave her life to the Lord and is now living in our house. She has a desire to go to the nations! This is wonderful because only a short time ago, she was living in bondage. We really feel that the all day prayer meeting we had in the community was a turning point as we have seen tangible fruit since then. I am excited because I have started doing a Bible study with two people from the community (as well as Paula from our team who does the translating). Pray that God would cause these two to grow in faith, love and the knowledge of Him. Thanks again for all of your prayers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment